Tuesday, May 3, 2011

so the simplicity of this painting is really to give you a sense of calm...which I do not have much of...I used to meditate a significant amount...went to week long retreats and just sat...listening (mostly to my thoughts...) and it was not until I just gave up because it was so darn frustrating did I get any relief at all...I just begged God to tell me what to do...what was my purpose...how can I help...I went on a vision quest...sat by myself in the desert just drinking water and praying for a 'vision'...seven days (well, only 4 of them was I fasting...) but a COMMITMENT for sure...I had many visions...but when I came home I was still just SuejFazio--mother of six children---wife to the great golf course architect Tom Fazio---and a wild working woman---always busy...too busy to save the world..or myself...well, I only say this all to give you an idea of my 'journey'..well, now I paint...and don't meditate at all and I am so peaceful and calm and I think quite helpful to adding to the joy of the world..and this painting just sorta nails that feeling!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment