Tuesday, May 3, 2011


I had a wonderful teacher Charles Gruppe...he taught oils/acrylics and really loosened me up with his fly by the seat of your pants approach...I went to Europe several times with the 'group'...Portugal, Spain, France, Italy..and Greece...it was all fun being with a bunch of artists breakfast/lunch/dinner...we'd be dropped off in some random little town in these foreign countries and just set up shop...with some pretty ridiculous results...these people who we didn't understand would come stand behind us and add comments..it was hard to stay focused...well, the reason I mentioned Charles was because he never used yellow...he said it 'scared' him...I have found that little piece of advice true...I struggle making yellow a meaningful color...I don't know why
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment